Friday, September 07, 2007

Update

Hmmm.... ano bang update ko?

12. Wait for the working visa
13. Receipt of working visa

I already got my visa last Tuesday, unfortunately, the Embassy issued a wrong visa. Instead of a Type D+C visa, I've got a Type D visa.

What's the difference between the two?

Type D visa - This is a national visa for a stay exceeding 90 days. It is only valid in Belgium, but can also be used for transit through one or more Schengen countries.

Type D + C visa - This visa entitles you to travel freely within the Schengen area during the first three months after your entry into Belgium, while you wait to receive your official residence permit.

(Definition taken from http://www.diplomatie.be/en/travel/visa/faqDetail.asp?TEXTID=40133)

My employer also told us to apply for a Type D+C visa. So, I emailed the Embassy asking for the clarification. They called the following day (while I am in POEA) and informed me to return to them my passport and visa, so they could reissue the correct visa. Hopefully, I could get it by Monday.

So, heto pa din ako.

12. Wait for the working visa
13. Receipt of working visa
14. Buy luggage and pack things - I already bought my luggage. Nakasale kasi sya nung binili ko. hehehe. Ayoko pang magempake.
15. Process documents with POEA - I am partly done with this. I am just waiting for my visa (see 12 and 13) and also the signed copy of the addendum of the contract. (May kulang daw kasi sa employment contract). Pero, I already scheduled my PDOS (predeparture orientation seminar) on Monday at 8am.
16. Buy plane ticket
17. Fly to Lux


From the time I've decided to accept the job offer, marami ng nangyari na nagtest ng pasensya ko. I don't want to wait, madaling uminit ang ulo ko pag matagal akong pinaghihintay kasi madali akong mabore. Maybe, it's because I used to have a fast paced life. Di ako sanay pag ala akong masyadong ginagawa at naghihintay lang. (Kaya nga feeling ko, nung unang nagVL ako, ang dami kong nararamdaman na sakit kasi ala akong ibang magawa kungdi magisip na baka maysakit ako. wahaha).

Ngayon, naghihintay pa din ako:

1. For the visa
2. For the documents needed for POEA
3. For confirmation of my flight - Nagpabook kasi ako kanina sa travel agency, nagpaquote ako kung how much ung flight. Ung pinakamura, nakawaiting list ako. Sana maconfirm ako dun. =)


"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?" - God, from Evan Almighty

No comments: